The key to creating a sustainable and long-term solution to the overwhelmed medical institutions in war-torn regions is to teach local medical personnel in the latest techniques and practices. Most aid organizations are not able to provide the infrastructure necessary to create a long-term solution. GSMSG is the only organization capable of routinely bringing the highest qualified medical personnel from the US directly to front-line areas in an effort to confront humanitarian disasters.
GSMSG offers full-spectrum medical instruction from basic field combat casualty care to cardiothoracic or neuro surgeries.
GSMSG personnel offer an unmatched quality to communities in conflict areas. An example of some institutions that GSMSG surgical team members have either worked for or trained at include:
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Cornell University Medical College
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- American University of Beirut Medical Center
- The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
- Hektoen Institute in Cook County, IL
- Yale University Medical Center
- Miami Ryder Trauma Surgery Center
- Johns Hopkins Medical Center
- US Army Trauma Training Center
- USUHS (the US Military Medical University)
- US Special Operations Command(SOCOM)
- US Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)