When: Spring 2015
Where: Northern Iraq
- To establish contacts on the ground with the Kurdish Ministry of Health, establish security networks, and to delineate future mission parameters.
- GSMSG security and logistics experts as an advance team
What was accomplished:
- Successfully networked and laid out the future plans with the Kurdish Ministry of Health Directorate of Planning.
- Established a security network within the Kurdish territories ensuring the safe operations of future medical teams.
- Assisted with basic medical check-ups at 3 refugee camps for over 100 patients to assess the primary medical needs and material necessities of the refugee populations.
- Successfully mapped and planned all locations, facilities, logistics (in terms of GSMSG operations), hospitals, refugee camps, as well as nearby security facilities and evacuation routes.